Last week's SSL Update about test laboratories contained errors in the listing of laboratories accredited for LM-79 and/or LM-80 testing. The listing indicated that GE Nela Park and Centre Testing International are accredited for partial LM-79 testing, when in fact both labs are accredited for complete LM-79 testing. The listing also indicated that Bay Area Compliance Laboratories in California is accredited for LM-79 and LM-80 testing, however the California lab is not accredited for SSL test methods. In addition, two new laboratories have been added to the list: Spectralux Industries and Musco Lighting Photometry Lab have been accredited for complete LM-79 testing. The complete, updated listing of accredited laboratories is provided below.
The National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) provides third-party accreditation to testing and calibration laboratories and accepts applications for SSL test methods as part of the Energy Efficient Lighting Products laboratory accreditation program. DOE's CALiPER program testing is conducted by qualified, verified, and contracted independent testing laboratories and recognizes laboratories that obtain NVLAP accreditation for SSL testing.
The following labs are accredited for LM-79 testing:
1. Aurora International Testing Laboratory—Ohio (partial LM-79)
2. Bay Area Compliance Laboratories Corp.—China (partial LM-79)
3. Centre Testing International—China (complete LM-79)
4. GE Nela Park, Product Testing—Ohio (complete LM-79)
5. Musco Sports Lighting LLC Photometry Laboratory—Iowa (complete LM-79)
6. OSRAM SYLVANIA, Metrology & Analytics Services—Massachusetts (complete LM-79)
7. Philips Lighting Corporate Regulatory and Certification Lab—Kansas (complete LM-79)
8. Spectralux Industries, Inc.—Canada (complete LM-79)
The following labs are accredited for LM-80 testing (complete):
1. Centre Testing International—China
2. OSRAM SYLVANIA, Metrology & Analytics Services—Massachusetts